1. Tindora/ Kovakai - 300 gm or 1/2 lb thinly sliced
2. Potato - 1 Big - thinly sliced and quartered
3. Oil - 2 tsp
4. Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
5. Hing - 1/4 tsp
6. Chilly powder - 1/2 tsp
7. Coriander powder - 1 tsp
8. Turmeric powder - a pinch
9. Salt - as needed
1. Slice the kovakai and potato as shown below into thin slices.
2. Heat oil in a wide flat nonstick pan. Add cumin seeds. When they splutter, add hing.
3. Add the veggies and give a good mix. Add the turmeric, coriander and chilly powders and salt and mix well.
4. Close the pan with a lid and allow the veggies to cook in medium flame for about 7 to 8 mins stirring occasionally.
5. Now cook it without the lid by mixing them every 5 minutes until they get roasted well, with some brown color on them.
This is very easy to make. And the 2 veggies combo is really good. Goes very well with sambhar rice or dhal rice. My husband who didn't like kovakai before, started loving kovakai with this preparation :) I got this recipe from a lady whom I met in the Indian store. I don't even know her name :D Anyways thanks to that unknown person for giving me this recipe :)