One of my friend has been asking me, "when will you start posting Non-veg recipes ?" . So this recipe goes to my dear friend :) My first non-veg post!
1. Chicken - 1/2 lb or 500 gm cut into medium pieces
2. Onion - 1 medium chopped
3. Tomato - 1 large chopped
4. Curry leaves - 8 leaves
5. Green chilly - 1 slit
6. Oil - 1 tbsp
7. Cloves - 1
8. Cinnamon stick - 1 inch piece
9. Cardomom - 1
10. Ginger Garlic paste - 2 tsp
11. Black Pepper powder - 3/4 tsp
12. Red chilly powder - 1/2 tsp
13. Cumin powder - 3/4 tsp
14. Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
15. Salt - as needed
16. Coriander leaves - to garnish
1. Heat oil in a saucepan. Add clove, cinnamon and cardamom. When it is fried, add the onions. Add a pinch of salt and saute till the onions become golden brown.
2. Add the ginger garlic paste and saute till the raw smell goes and it turns brown.
3. Add the tomatoes and saute for 5 mins. Add the remaining salt needed for the dish and add the chicken and give a stir.
4. Add the pepper, cumin, red chilly and turmeric powder. Add 150 ml water, mix well, close the lid and cook for around 15 to 20 mins stirring occasionally. Check if the meat is cooked well.
5. Sprinkle chopped coriander leaves and serve hot with rice or roti.
Instead of adding the spice powders, you can also roast the raw spices, grind them and add to the dish. It increases the flavor.