1. Milk - 250 ml
2. Sugar - 1.5 to 2 tbsp
3. Rice flour - 2 tsp
4. Pistachios - 2 tbsp chopped
5. Almonds - 2 tbsp sliced or chopped
6. Elachi powder - a pinch
1. Bring milk to boil. Just when it starts to bubble around the edges, lower the flame.
2. Add rice flour to the milk little by little and keep whisking the milk with egg beater to avoid lumps.
3. Keep stirring continuously. Add sugar. Let the mixture thicken like custard.
4. Add 3/4 th of the chopped nuts and keep stirring for 2 to 3 mins.
5. Switch off the flame. Pour the mixture into serving bowls. Sprinkle remaining nuts and the elachi powder on top.
6. Allow it to cool and refrigerate for atleast 1 to 2 hrs. Serve chilled.
This is a very simple, healthy and tasty dessert. It doesn't contain much fat or sugar. Make sure you don't boil the milk too much. Because it forms lumps and you won't get a smooth phirni. It's a North Indian traditional sweet made during festivals. Try it and let me know how it came out :)