1. Fish slices - 4
2. Chilly powder - 1/2 tsp
3. Coriander powder - 3/4 tsp
4. Turmeric powder, Cumin powder - a pinch
5. Ginger Garlic paste - 1/2 tsp
6. Salt - 1/2 tsp
7. Oil - 1.5 tsp
1. Clean the fish slices, drain excess water.
2. Mix all ingredients except fish with few drops of water and make a thick paste. Apply on the fish slices on both sides. Marinate for 30 mins to 1 hour.
3. Heat a pan with oil. Coat it well with oil. Once the pan is hot, place the fish slices on it. Cook on medium flame.
4. After the fish starts turning white on top, flip the fish to other side. Fry until it gets cooked and becomes little crisp on other side too.
5. Place on a paper towel to remove excess oil. Serve hot.
I used Vavvaal/ Vaaval meen (also called Pomfret/ Pompano). This is one of the most tastiest fish. The ginger garlic marinate goes well with this fish especially. For other fishes, you can avoid ginger garlic paste and add the remaining spices if you like.